Terms of Service
Art-online.com is an information service provided by the company Artprice.
Artprice is a limited company with capital of EUR6,250,000, entered in the register of commerce and companies under number RCS 411 309 198, with head office at Domaine de la Source 69270 Saint-Romain-au-Mont-d'Or, France.
This document alone and no other constitutes a relationship as user with the company Artprice.
By accessing the Art-online.com site, whatever the Internet address or URL used, you accept to be bound by all the terms of this user contract. We may update these terms from time to time without giving you any notice.
By using the Art-online service, you agree to each of the terms set forth below.
You are responsible for obtaining access to the service and that access may involve third party fees such as Internet service provider, equipment… You agree to pay for all hardware and services costs needed to access the Site and use the Services.
The service may contain mature or adult content. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and view such content.
Use of the service
You may use the service for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell nor exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the service, use of the service, nor access to the service.
We forbid any queries that do not conform to the profession's customs, any automated queries, especially those monitored by a machine, software or hardware system, and any queries based on algorithms, mathematical series or by difference of another existing data bank.
If you want to make commercial use of the service, please send us your request through the application form on the contact page.
Art-online reserves the right to establish limits concerning
the use of the service, including the maximum disk space allotted on
Artprice's servers, and the maximum number of times (and the
maximum duration for which) you may access the service in a given period of
You further acknowledge that Art-online reserves the right to change these
general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or
The service is protected by French and international copyright, patent and trademark laws and other intellectual property laws.
You acknowledge and agree that Art-online and any necessary software used in connection with Art-online contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that the content contained in sponsor advertisements or the information presented to you through the service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Art-online or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the service or the software, in whole or in part.
You understand that by using the service, you may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable content. Under no circumstances will Art-online be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content transmitted or otherwise made available via the service.
You agree to follow the following rules of conduct when using the service:
1. You will follow these Terms and all applicable laws;
2. You will not harass, threaten or abuse other people when using the service in any manner;
3. You will not interfere with others' use of the Site, including by interrupting other users' sessions, scrolling down (automatically or manually) to make it difficult for them, or otherwise act in a way that negatively affects other users' enjoyment of the service;
4. You will not post any content that is obscene or may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; or is defamatory, libelous, or invades another person's privacy or proprietary rights;
5. You will not impersonate any other person or misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with Art-online; similarly, you will not adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to deceive or defraud another;
6. You will not use the service to harm minors in any way, or encourage interactions with minors of a sexual nature;
7. You will not manipulate the service so as to hide your identity or participation on the site (by using another person's identity, changing headers, or otherwise modifying any other possible identifier);
8. You will not send any bulk unsolicited advertising, promotional information, e-mail or other solicitation (including without limitation junk mail, "spam," chain letters or pyramid schemes of any sort) to any person through the use of the service;
9. You agree to not use the service to transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
10. You agree to not use the service to transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
11. You will not retrieve any data or other content from this site (systematically or otherwise) to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, directory or any other record of the data and/or content without Art-online's express written permission.
If you use the data, content and/or materials from this site for any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms, violate any of the other guidelines set forth above, or any other aspect of these Terms, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your rights to use the service without prior notice;
12. You agree to not use the service intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, and any regulations having the force of law.
Art-online shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the service. Art-online shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
Disclaimer of warranties
The web changes constantly and no searching or indexing techniques can possibly include all pages accessible on the web in its index of sites. As a result, Art-online does not and cannot guarantee that your search results will be complete or accurate, or that the links associated with the index will be complete or accurate or active at the time of your search.
The web sites included in the index are developed by people we do not control. We are not liable for the content of any site included in the index, and are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained in the service (or any site you may link to from the service), or any offensive or objectionable content contained in the service (or any site you may link to from the service).
You understand and agree that your use of our service is at your sole risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
You understand and agree that the service, index and all information included or accessible from the service, are provided on an «As is;» «Where is» and «Where available» basis, and are subject to change at any time without notice.
You understand and agree that Art-online does not guarantee that the service will meet your requirements, the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, the quality of any products, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and any errors in the software will be corrected.
Limitation of liability
You understand and agree that Art-online shall not be liable to you (or any third party making claims through you) for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangible losses, resulting from: the use or inability to use the service; the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or any other mater relating to the service.
Art-online provides, and third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources.
In general, people who make information available on the Web expect that it will be available publicly and indexed for distribution. If you want to restrict access to your site, please report it on the application form on the contact page.
Because Art-online has no control over such sites and
resources, you acknowledge and agree that Art-online is not responsible for the
availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is
not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other
materials available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge
and agree that Art-online shall not be responsible nor liable, directly or
indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in
connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services
available on or through any such site or resource.
If an Art-online user comes across Web pages that contain illegal, pornographic, racist or offensive content, please send us the Urls through the application form on the contact page.
We are committed to provide our users the most relevant search results presented in the order of greatest relevance.
We rank web sites according to established ranking criteria (which may change from time to time). We do not guarantee any ranking results for any Web page. We also reserve the right in our sole discretion to adjust the ranking of search results for any Web page and to remove listings of Web pages if we believe people are abusing our service.
If you think our ranking is not appropriate, please send us you request through the application form on the contact page. We will evaluate your claims but we reserve the right to take action or not.
These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and Art-online are subject to French law.
The client and Art-online accept the competence of the courts of LYON to rule on any litigation.